Saturday, March 29, 2014 (Travel to North Saanich, BC)

We had decided last night that we would either take the 11:00 a.m or 1:00 p.m. ferry over to the Island. I was up extra early (perhaps a little excited about seeing our grandson?) and by the time Steve got up, I had already finished my coffee, so I started packing and getting ready.

We really didn't think we would make it in time for the 11:00 ferry but we did...barely. For the first time, we decided not to take the truck onto the ferry. Instead, we parked it at the Park N' Go lot just before reaching the ferry. They have room for tractor parking and the price is fairly reasonable at $12/day. They also have a shuttle that takes you to the ferry terminal. After a cloudy rainy start in Fort Langley, we came into some sunshine as we neared the ferry terminal...

There's Buster parked in the semi-tractor section...

It's 10:40 and we're waiting for the shuttle to pick us up and take us to the terminal for the 11:00 sailing...good thing it's a short ride...

Instead of the chairs in the other sections of the ferry, we chose a table at the very front of the ferry...

Another ferry going in the other direction as we pass through Active Pass in the Gulf Islands...





We're approaching the ferry terminal at Swartz Bay, about 30 kms north of Victoria and only about a 5 minute drive from Rob and Angie's place in the rural community of North Saanich...

Almost there...

Rob was waiting for us when we disembarked from the ferry at 12:45...and soon we were at the house, greeted by this little fellow. Conner has grown so much, even in the few months since we last saw him (Christmas).


After bringing in our luggage, we wanted to give Conner his belated birthday presents. Here is Gramma struggling to get it out of the box...


Ta da! A youth size camp chair for the little guy to use this summer (and many more) when they go camping. Looks like he has a little growing room...



After giving him a couple of other things...clothes that I had picked up down south, Conner showed us his rocking horse...very cute!

A little later we went out for some fresh air and a walk around the neighbourhood... Rob, Angie, me and, of course, Conner in the stroller...



Ahhh...a great walk...and we're home...our final uphill walk...up the driveway....

As I mentioned earlier, I will be here a couple of weeks and Steve with be going back and forth to Fort Langley. I'm not sure how often I will be writing my blogs, but it won't be daily. I may wait until I get back to Fort Langley and just do a recap of my/our time on the island, we'll see...




3 comments:

  1. The blog can wait... It is FAMILY time now... ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of the 3 of you folks as Conner tries out his new chair. Of course the chair came from Cabelas. Have a great visit.
    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG-how adorable Conner is! Enjoy this stage while you can because they grow so fast--it seems like just yesterday that my twin granddaughters were born--they will turn 9 years old this year! BUT I guess each age and stage has its own challenges and rewards.

    ReplyDelete