Wednesday, October 16 to Saturday, October 26, 2019 (Oceanside RV Resort, Saanichton, BC)

Well...10 days have slipped by and as you can well imagine after knee surgery, I haven't been doing much. It's a different story for Steve, though, he has been very busy taking care of me! Yup, he's the "chief cook and bottle washer"...or what I like to call my Man-Servant! LOL

He's been in charge of everything...from keeping my cryotherapy machine full of ice-water for icing my knee, ($7.18 every 2 days for ice!) making coffee, apple cider drink, keeping my water bottles filled, making the bed, cooking, dishes, laundry, vacuuming and grocery shopping....just to give you an idea...(Poor Steve!)
Meanwhile, only being allowed up for about 5 minutes each hour, I do a lot of sitting in my recliner. My days consist of doing exercises every few hours, icing, snoozing...and crocheting. Oh...and keeping track of my pain meds.
I must use a two-wheel walker to get around. For now, the main focus in my physio is to increase range of motion of my knee. I've actually impressed the fellows at physio...I bent my knee 77 degrees the first visit and last Wednesday, I made it to 91. Each week, they give additional exercises...and my "homework" is to pick 4 or 5 to do every few hours every day.

So far, I have "outings" twice a week...Wednesday is physiotherapy at RebalanceMD and Sundays, we go over to Rob and Angie's so Steve can do laundry. We usually stay for dinner too...nice, thanks, guys! Last Sunday, Bryce was helping Mom and Dad bake a carrot cake...made with fresh carrots out of their garden...(YUM!)
One of the funniest things we've seen here in the RV park is this couple taking their dogs for a walk...along with a duck! If the dog turns or stops so does the duck and if he falls behind he fly's ahead to catch up...too funny!
 The new springs for Steve's recliner finally came in...so Steve replaced them and also sprayed silicon on all of the moving parts...on both recliners, no more squeaking...
Today (Saturday) was a beautiful sunny day...but cool...and after all the rain and wind we have had, it was a welcome treat. After getting out for a walk, Steve asked if I'd like to go out for a car ride...a change of scenery for me on a sunny day and a stop at DQ for a hot fudge sundae...Yay!

And that brings you up to date on life here over the past 10 days...after a rough period getting the pain meds worked out, I find that I am doing much better each day. I have a post-op appointment next week...that will be the 3 week mark and I hope to get a better idea between the doctor and the physio folks as to when I will be set free so we can head south!


14 comments:

  1. Just getting caught up on my Blog Reading and Am glad you are being a model patient in the recovery area. Hoping you will both be Enjoying the warm southwest weather soon. Good job Steve.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! Don't know about being a model patient...Steve seems to think I'm being rather demanding LOL!

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your recovery is progressing. Don't rush it. I hear the desert isn't going anywhere. It'll be ready for you when you are!
    Poor Steve. I'll be he can hear the desert calling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there, Dave...but I think my recovery would go even better in the warmth of southern Arizona!

      Delete
  3. So you're saying if I get that leg brace and act like I am in pain, Barb will wait on me hand and foot? I should probably order a bell off of Amazon so I am really ready!
    Glad to hear things are going well, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no Jim...you've got it all wrong. It only works the other way around...Barb has to be the one immobilized. Besides, it seems to me Barb already waits on you hand and foot! :)

      Delete
  4. Omg Steve buddy you are looking like you are overworked haha !! Good work both of you on the recovery process. What's up with the duck?? So weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very entertaining watching the duck waddle along beside the dogs!

      Delete
  5. How funny to see the duck walking along the dogs! Atta boy Steve taking such great care of your wonderful wife! Keep up the good dork Dianne and you’ll be good as new soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are moving along with your knee on the mend. Every man needs to do "women's" work to truly appreciate what we do...haha! Sounds like Steve is the perfect man servant. Keep up the good work following the doctor's orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true! LOL! Yes, he's taking care of me, for sure!

      Delete
  7. Dixie has a solution for those dishes, Steve. :). Glad that knee is coming along, Dianne!

    ReplyDelete