Wednesday, February 16, 2011 (Martin Truck Center, Lake Charles, LA)

We were both up early this morning...that’s common for me...but Steve too? Probably has something to do with the flood lights lighting up the bedroom like it was daytime...all night!

The first thing Steve did was fill up the two 5 gallon water containers and empty them into the trailer water tank...we were going to have showers this morning! After firing up the generator, we relaxed with our morning coffee...watching TV while I worked on our (rather uneventful) travel journal.

After doing our exercises, we both had showers...water on and get wet...water off and lather up...water on to rinse off...type of shower but it felt good just the same!

We had breakfast, cleaned-up and were sitting outside enjoying the sunshine and warmth...finally back to shorts and sandals...and still had heard nothing from the mechanic. It was close to 11:00 a.m. when Steve decided to go over to the office and find out what was going on. He came back saying both packages had been delivered...the part for the truck and the brake module replacement. He would install the brake module and the mechanic would do the flow switch after lunch...and then we could hit the road. That’s when I suggested that we stay another night and leave early tomorrow morning...rather than drive a couple of hours this afternoon and find a Walmart parking lot for the night. Steve agreed and went to install the brake module while I went on-line to research campgrounds in the San Antonio area. I thought I would see if I could find a Passport America campground where we could spend a few nights while visiting San Antonio.

As it turned out, waiting until morning was a good decision because it was after 2:30 when, after still not seeing the mechanic, Steve decided to go over to the office. The fellow apologized for the delay...and we continued to wait and wait. It was after 4:00 when Steve...getting somewhat pissed off by now...decided to go back to the office. What he found out...well...we both just could not believe...the mechanic had been over to the truck about 20 minutes after Steve’s last visit to the office and had installed the new part!! But he had not bothered to come and tell us...and we were sitting right outside the trailer and the truck was parked out front. I couldn’t believe that he didn’t want to take the truck for a test drive like the fellow did the last time the flow switch had been replaced...sheesh!!!

Steve immediately drove the truck over to the side of the building where there was a water tap...he was going to wash it—a very big job to start so late in the day. Both the truck and trailer are in desperate need of a good washing. The truck will get done today but we’re going to have to try to find a spot to do the trailer...the State Parks we have been staying at don’t allow vehicle washing and the trailer hasn’t been washed since we were in Myrtle Beach!

It was dark by the time Steve came back to the trailer...tired and hungry. After dinner, we watched TV for a bit and then headed to bed...we were going to be up and on our way early tomorrow morning...YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment