Tuesday, October 12, 2010 (Fort Mills, South Carolina)

Well...the scratchy throat woke me up through the night...very sore each time I swallowed and my sinuses were congested...sheesh! It wasn’t too bad throughout the day, thank goodness...just seems to get worse at night.

We had a pretty slow morning. It was nice to have internet connection again so we could (among other things) research a GM truck dealer to get the truck serviced. We found a company and Steve made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.

My brother, Don, phoned  and said that the hospital had called to say that Mom is not doing very well.  He was going over to visit her today and would call me back either tonight or tomorrow morning.  It looks like there is a good possibility that we may be flying home before we had planned.  We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.  I also learned that one of my other brothers, Dwight, had broken his leg in a soccer game and was in the hospital having surgery....sheesh!

It was early afternoon before I figured I had better get my butt in gear and get some laundry on. Steve set up the satellite dish while I set out to find and check out the Laundromat. After many attempts at trying to find a signal, we finally gave up...there were just too many trees in the way. That left Steve trying to figure out how to get the free cable TV hooked up and working for the first time since we got the satellite system. He finally got it set up but the fellows who wired in the satellite receiver must have done something strange with the original cable outlet to the main TV. The bedroom TV works fine on cable however Steve has to change the cable hookup to the satellite connections for the main TV and then change it back to watch the bedroom TV.

Steve helped me haul the bags down to the laundry so that I could get started and then he puttered around the truck getting it ready while I made umpteen million trips back and forth to the Laundromat.

...and that was pretty much our day...

No comments:

Post a Comment