Wednesday, November 10, 2010 (Yemassee, SC)

I was up just before 7:00 this morning...armed with my coffee, it was time to get writing and get caught up on our travel journal. I was still busy at it when Steve finally decided to crawl out of 8:20...a nice little sleep-in!

We had a pretty slow day...we really enjoy what we call “a down day” every once in awhile. I finally made breakfast sometime after 10:00 a.m. After doing the dishes and cleaning up, we decided to go out for a walk. It was another gorgeous in the morning but it warms up quite nicely. We went for a walk around the lake and, of course, because I did not bring my camera with me, we saw a small alligator and 2 turtles in the water...figures...

Once back at the trailer, it was time to do some research into our next destination. We were moving on tomorrow and we still hadn’t decided where to...other than we knew we wanted to see more of Savannah. We thought we would see if we could find a State park fairly close. We finally decided on Fort McAllister Historical State Park. I wanted to actually talk to a human being about the size of the sites in the park rather than just going ahead and reserving on line. I tried Skyping them but that didn’t work very well, so I decided to walk up to the office and use the pay phone. Rather than use a pay phone, the lady in the office actually suggested that I just use their phone...bonus! After a brief conversation, I had reserved a 60’ site arriving tomorrow for 7 nights. Hopefully, it works out well.

By the time I got back it was already a fast day when you really don’t do much! Steve was just finishing up his weightlifting (yes, time to get back into that!). We were supposed to do our exercises this morning but ended up putting if off until this afternoon. I really prefer to just get it over with in the morning....but I didn’t jam out...I did mine as well.

By the time I was done, it was time to sit outside for a cocktail. Steve decided to open the pint of Cherry Beer that our old neighbour had given us...the one that was feeling bad because he had to run his generator the whole time he was parked next to us. The beer is called “Wisconsin Belgian Red—Wisconsin Ale brewed with Cherries”. Want to share it?...he asks...hmmm....well...okay. Not exactly my cup of tea. Kind of tasted like cherry coke with a bigger bite to it.

We didn’t really last long outside...a diesel truck and trailer pulled in across the road and he left his truck running with his headlights on...shining right into our eyes. No it wasn’t dark yet but it was still very annoying. Besides it sure cools down once that sun goes down.

I spent more time on the blog...getting the pictures downloaded and getting it all posted. Then, of course, I did more writing to get caught up. I’m not sure what kind of internet coverage we are going to have in the State park so I’d like to get as up-to-date as possible before we head out tomorrow.

We are looking forward to seeing Savannah...think we will look into taking a tour of the historical old Savannah....

No comments:

Post a Comment