Tuesday, August 23, 2011 (Elkford, BC)

Oh dear...we`re very glad that we did not have a ride planned for this morning...actually, we`re really glad we didn`t have anything planned for this morning!  Needless to say, after last night, we had a rather slow morning.

Denise and her husband, Granger, are big fly-fishers.  Granger is an Engineer who commutes to Saskatchewan weekly (now that`s a long commute!) and he had left yesterday.  But Denise had called a friend, Randy (another avid fisherman) and made arrangements to take Steve out fishing this afternoon.
Denise and Randy arrived in Denise`s side-by-side quad at 2:00...all outfitted in their chest-waders ready for river-fishing.  After a short chat with them, the 3 were off on their quads to find their fishing spot. 

While they were gone, I decided to take our laptop and walk up to the hotel where they have free Wi-Fi. So I spent about an hour and a half in the coffee shop drinking coffee and enjoying the world wide web! I chatted with Chris on MSN and responded to a couple of emails. I also researched campgrounds in the Crowsnest Pass area. We are heading to that area on Thursday...I figured we could sure use full hook-ups for a change and found an RV Park that sounded nice. After writing down their phone number, I packed up the laptop and went across to a payphone in the mall. Unfortunately, the RV park did not have any sites available...sheesh! Well, there are a couple of others in the area plus some provincial parks as well...I guess we will just have to see what we can find once there.
Back at the trailer, I sat outside reading and at 6:00 decided to go inside, turn the news on make dinner. I had just finished the dishes and was cleaning up when Steve arrived home...it was about 7:00. Said he had a blast! Denise and Randy being in the lead had caught around a dozen fish between them and Steve caught 3...one of them being the largest of all fish caught...a 16” fatty cutthroat.
Steve had taken my camera and managed to take a couple of pictures.  Looks like they had to do a little "boonie-bashing" to get to the river...
Ahhh...here are Denise and Randy fly-fishing...

No pictures of any of the fish that were caught, though...I guess my camera was acting up...hmmmm...

After the fish stories he announced that Gord and Audrey were back from the ATV AGM in Prince George and everyone was meeting at the pub...oh sheesh...after last night, I don’t think I can handle it tonight.  Steve wasn’t interested in having beer tonight either but we went over and had a visit...and drank pop. A beer rep happened to be there and bought a free round for the house. We still couldn’t touch a beer. Even Dave our ATV guide was on water...

No comments:

Post a Comment