Tuesday, November 15, 2011 (Eagle View RV Resort, Fort McDowell, AZ)

It has been a long time since we had been woken by an alarm...but at 5:30 my iPod`s alarm sounded...shortly after Steve`s watch.  I got up first and just right into the shower and then relaxed with a cup of coffee while Steve had his. 

We headed out at 7:00 a.m....just like we were going to work...sheesh!   And of course, we joined the hundreds of other cars on the highways...the morning rush hour. 

Downtown Phoenix from the freeway...

Following Serena`s directions, we arrived at Midway Chev (a huge dealership) shortly before 8:00 and were met by Brian, who would be our service rep.
After all the usual paperwork and discussing some issues Steve wanted looked at, we headed up to the main building where a shuttle would take us to anywhere we wanted to go.  There was a big mall about 8 miles west...so we were driven to Arrowhead Town Center.  Unfortunately, we were dropped off just after 8:30 and the stores in the mall don`t open until 10:00...but the mall itself was open.  So we joined all the "mall walkers" and wandered around one level of the mall before deciding to grab a coffee and snack in the food court and sit down for bit. 
As we wandered the lower level of the mall, I noticed a couple of hair salons...I desperately needed a haircut and was planning on getting one this week so decided to make use of our "waiting" time and get one here at the mall.  Steve also decided to get a trim.  That took up almost an hour of our time...and then we continued to wander the mall.   I spent some time in a store called Puppy Love...yes, it was a pet store with puppies for sale.  I fell in love with a little 3 month old Pomeranian...a tiny ball of fluff!  Soooooo cute!  But I reluctantly left empty handed...
By this time it was close to noon, so we thought we would find someplace for lunch.  We ended up walking across the street to...you guessed it...an Olive Garden Restaurant. We had a very delicious lunch and then called for the shuttle to pick us up.  We probably should have called before lunch because it took awhile before we were picked up...but we waited outside in the beautiful sunshine.
Back at Midway Chev, Steve talked to Brian about the truck...they are going to replace the fan clutch even though it`s been running normal for the last few days but, of course, they have to order it in. Steve already had one of these replaced shortly after we purchased the truck. When it sticks on it sounds like the truck is screaming along in too low a gear. The intermittent leaking coolant issue we had has also fixed itself. They did a pressure test and found no leaks?! We have an appointment to have the fan clutch replaced on December 5th...after we get back from Cabo.
On the way home, we went through Mesa to RV Traders...another research job Steve did on Montana 5th wheel dealers.  We made an appointment to take it in on December 6th, for some warranty work...just a few minor issues that need to be taken care of.  So when we get back from Cabo, we are going to be busy "taking care of business".
View of the mountains as we head towards Fountain Hills...

Passed the entrance to Fountain Hills (a very pretty place with lovely homes)...

It was around 4:30 when we finally got home.  We relaxed outside for a bit and then headed inside...it starts getting dark so early now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment