Monday, November 14, 2011 (Eagle View RV Resort, Fort McDowell, AZ)

We woke to a nice sunny morning...a great start to the day!  And it was actually daylight when we got up...yes, we slept in until 6:45 a.m.!  

We thought we would walk over to the clubhouse and partake in the free continental breakfast.  We were a little disappointed...all they had was coffee, juice and various types of donuts.  I managed to find one last of those big, high-calorie ones full of was tasty (of course).  We thought they might have cereal and toast...they had the toaster but no bread...oh well.  We chatted with a couple from Minnesota as we finished our coffee...and then headed back to the trailer. 
The truck is due for its third service so Steve was researching places in the Phoenix area to take it.  After calling one place and finding that they don’t do warranty work, he settled on Midway Chev, called them and scheduled an appointment...for tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m.!  It is almost an hour’s drive away, so that means we have to leave by 7:00 a.m....and that means we’ll have to be up around 5:30 so that we can both have showers and breakfast before we go...sheesh!
With that appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning, that meant that the truck needed to be was very dirty!  Steve had asked at the office if there was a car wash nearby with big bays and was told that there was one not far away in Fountain Hills.  So off we went.
We easily found it and after a good hour and $17 later, the truck was all clean...and Steve’s arms were tingly and sore from holding the high­-pressure wand for so long.  I had had a very important job...feed the coins into the meter.

We were back home around 12:30 and after some lunch, Steve went back outside to finish cleaning the truck...vacuum the cab, do the windows, tires...etc. I settled in front of the laptop at the table and after chatting with Chris via MSN, I decided to update my iPod.  Well, it had been a long time since I had done it...the software was so old that it wasn’t even recognized when I plugged it in so I ended up having to manually open the program.  After a couple of hours, I finally had a “brand new” iPod all up-to-date with the latest software. 
We had our usual evening...after dinner and dishes, we settled in front of the TV to watch our favourite Monday night programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment