Sunday and Monday, September 18 and 19, 2016 (Fort Camping, Brae Island Regional Park, Fort Langley, BC)

Sunday ended up being a much nicer day than forecast...it was supposed to rain in the afternoon but for the most part, it was sunny.

We headed into Coquitlam at 11:00...we were going out for brunch with Chris and Angela but instead of meeting them at the pub, we went to their place first so we could pick up our new suitcases. I had had them delivered to Coquitlam Centre and Angela had picked them up for us...thanks Ang!

Just before noon, all four of us arrived at the Townhall Public House for their Sunday Brunch. There was a small lineup and the place was packed. (Jim and Barb, this is the same place we went to last May). Chris, Angela and I all had their Brunch Special...2 eggs, 2 sausage or bacon, hashbrowns and toast all for $4.00...Steve was the odd man out, he decided on fish and chips. We enjoyed an hour or so chatting (or should I say yelling because it was so noisy in there!) and then we dropped Chris and Angela off at home and we went to Coquitlam Centre. It's a huge mall...surely we should find a jacket for Steve.

Well, I think we walked every inch of that mall but really had a hard time finding something light-weight...and light coloured in his size. The closest thing he found was at North Face but he decided against it because it had a hood that could not be removed. There was another style where the hood rolled up into the collar which would have been perfect except they only had it in dark colours...sheesh!

He ended up settling on a rather expensive jacket from the Hudson's Bay...and exhausted, we headed home. On the way we chatted a bit more about it and I said that I would try going to the North Face website and see if I could find the jacket (in light grey). If not, then at least he had something. As it turned out, I found it, ordered it...and now we are waiting for it to be delivered. Hopefully it will be here quickly...it is supposed to take 7 to 14 business days.

Monday morning at 10:00 I took off in the car (yes, I'm loving this!)...I have a doctors appointment at 12:20 but I wanted to go shopping (or at least "looking"...something I don't get much of a chance to do!). My first stop was at Willowbrook Mall...I started by returning the jacket Steve had purchased yesterday (I had no problem even though it was at a different store location). After that I pretty well went all over that mall along with some surrounding stores before grabbing a coffee from Starbucks and heading to my appointment. It was a good hour and a half before I left the doctors office (my appointment took only about 10 minutes...the rest of the time was waiting!).

After my appointment, I continued on my shopping/looking trip...arriving home shortly before 3:30...all I had purchased was a new pair of jeans and a light hoodie. Not much luck in finding a long sleeved safari-type shirt or appropriate sun hats...we'll have to stop in at the new Cabela's Store in Abbotsford and see what they have. We plan on heading out that way this Thursday to catch the Snowbird RV Show at the Tradex.

While I was gone, Steve enjoyed his day by himself. He spent most of the day watching "his" recorded shows ...but I understand he did get outside to spray the mud off the outdoor mat and dump the tanks as well as a walk around the campground, stopping to chat with John.

Dave at Goldkey phoned with an update on the truck. With the custom copper gasket installed apparently the major squeal sound is gone, however during the test drive they again heard a couple of short squeals so suspect another of the many gaskets involved is leaking. Another day with a car is okay with us as long as they get it fixed this time! And apparently somebody tripped, knocking a hydraulic jack into the boat loader so they repainted the damaged area. Geez!


8 comments:

  1. nice to get to spend some time with Chris and Angela..too bad it was so noisy..enjoy the RV show..wish we could go too but it's not to be..Cabela's is on our list of stops when we come down to the coast next month..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice being so close to the again...for awhile away!

      Delete
  2. We recognized that place! That is where we got the grapefruit beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...you even remember what kind of beer you had! Impressive! LOL

      Delete
  3. The Bass Pro Shop in Twassassen is supposed to open October 5th for the grand opening. Maybe they will have some clothes for you guys for your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope they get the truck fixed this time!! Almost like they need to slide that motor out and send it back to the factory to find the problem. Has to be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete