Wednesday, December 12, 2012 (Eagle View RV Resort, Fort McDowell, AZ)

We had our usual start to the day...and as the sun came up, there was a beautiful blue sky; although quite chilly.  It’s nice to finally be able to turn the fireplace on to warm the place up.  This is looking out from our side window...

Today we are going to go back to Superstition Springs Mall.  The new sunglasses Steve bought yesterday snapped at the nose bridge...sheesh...he wasn’t very happy about that!  So we are going to take them back and get them replaced...there is also a BatteriesPlus store near the mall and we want to go and see how much a replacement battery for our laptop will cost (since Best Buy doesn’t stock them).

We left just after 11:00...where do the mornings go??  Mind you, we did do our exercises this morning!  Our first stop was at BatteriesPlus...yes, they have a replacement battery in stock at a cost of $89.  Hmmm...that’s a little steep and I’m sure I had seen the same battery on Amazon for a lot less....we’ll think about it.  Back at the truck, I went on my iPad and sure enough Amazon had the battery I needed for $ thinks me will order it from there!

We stopped at the mall where Steve exchanged his sunglasses...interesting, another pair had the lens pop out when he was cleaning them...little worried about the quality but for $25, we figured they shouldn’t be too bad.  Steve figures he is going to have to treat these glasses with kidd-gloves!

On our way back too Fort McDowell, we drove through the beautiful town of Fountain Hills...we really love this area.  I took a few pictures as we drove through but unfortunately, we missed the fountain—it only goes off for fifteen minutes every hour (on the hour) our timing wasn’t good!'s the home of the great Blue Cheese Burger you had last year...

It's a beautiful park with a walkway all the way around it...

We stopped to top off our propane to keep the fridge on while were gone  It was after 2:00 by the time we got home and after a quick bite to eat, we walked down to the office to see if we could get all of the paperwork done for putting our rig into storage on Friday.  Unfortunately, Sandy wasn’t working today and the fellow manning the office today said that we would have to come back tomorrow.  He did end up taking photocopies of our truck/trailer registration so that Sandy would have everything ready for us when we return tomorrow.

Once home, Steve relaxed outside taking in some sunrays while I updated the maps on Serena (GPS).  I was going to wait until we got home to Victoria but since we had free wifi here at the resort...why not use that!

We had our nice little happy hour outside taking in the last of the sun...and then headed inside as it got quite cool out.

Shortly after 7:00 we walked over to the office area and called for the shuttle to come and get us...we are going over to the casino for the evening.  Part of the welcome package upon arriving at the resort, are two certificates each for $10 to spend on the slots.   Would you believe that we played on the slots for over 2 hours and only used their money?  How about that!  Well, I used $1 of my own as I waited for usual, I was out of $$ before Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment