Tuesday, October 25, 2011 (Travel to Archview RV Park, Moab, Utah)

We had a very lazy start to the day...no need to hurry, we didn`t have far to go. It was cloudy this morning...totally different from the mornings we have been having over the past week.  There is a cold front moving through...apparently there is some major snow forecast for Denver, Colorado, east of us.
We left Horsethief BLM Campground at 11:30 and with the short drive down the mountain, arrived at Archview RV Park at 11:45...that was a tough drive...Steve was exhausted!
After registering, we made our way to site #83, a pull­-through, full hook-up site.  We got all set up and Steve managed, again, to get a satellite signal at first try...no adjusting.  He’s getting pretty smug about that!  I fired up the laptop and was happy to find a fairly good Wi-Fi connection...YAY!  Now I have my work cut out for me...must get our blog up-to-date!
We headed into Moab just after 1:30...on our way to see how the work on our ATV’s was going...hopefully, they will be ready for pick-up.  It was not to be, though...to our surprise, they hadn’t even started!!  Even if the warranty work hadn’t been done, we thought that they would have at least completed the servicing.  TJ, the fellow Steve had dealt with on Saturday wasn’t in so poor Justin was left to apologize...he would try contacting Yamaha and call us in a half hour.
We decided to kill some time and go wander along the main street of Moab...a very typical touristy town with lots of shops and restaurants.  We stopped in a little cafe for a light bite to eat and then carried on...but today wasn’t the best day for “playing tourist”...the wind was howling and there were big dark clouds with some lightning and thunder.  A huge blast of wind had the leaves flying...time to get out of it and into a t-shirt shop...The Original Red Dirt Shirt.  We each ended up buying a “Moab t-shirt” and as we were leaving the shop...it was pouring out!  We stood under the awning for a bit hoping that it would lighten up...then we did a power walk the few blocks back to the truck.
Well, it had been over an hour and we hadn’t heard back from Justin at Moab Powersports about our quads, so back we went.  He hadn’t been able to contact Yamaha and again was very apologetic saying that he would have the service done on them today.  It was late in the afternoon by this time so Steve told him we would pick them up tomorrow.
We headed back home...wow, what a difference in weather today...good thing we had visited Arches yesterday! 
We were watching TV when Mother Nature decided to give us one heck of a light display...quite a storm!  The sky was lit up constantly from lightning followed by the boom of thunder...and the wind was just howling.  This is the storm that is supposed to be bringing snow to the higher elevations...and cooler temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment