Thursday, October 27, 2011 (Archview RV Park, Moab, Utah)

We woke to clear sky this morning...but it was chilly.  It was going to be a beautiful day for an ATV ride, but we would have to wear our long johns and bundle up.
We headed out at 9:30...after stopping at the office to pay for one more night, we made our way to the trailhead. We were going to take the Sovereign ATV Loop.  Ahh...it was good to be out on the quads again...and a great way to see more of this unique and beautiful area. 
Here we are at the trailhead...
We had purchased a map from the office but the trail was also well marked.  All was going well until we came to this “difficult” section...it was downhill (an issue for me to start with) and had large boulders as well as a curve.  Steve made it down and then came back up to coach me down...but nope...I just couldn’t muster up enough courage...so he took my quad down while I stood at the bottom taking pictures....
I start down the first section...
But then, I let Steve take my quad down the rest of the way...I held my breath here...a particularly difficult section...
Whew...we made it through that section...I wasn’t looking forward to the other “difficult” section...oh well...put it out of your mind and enjoy the ride!

It was awesome...as usual, pictures just don't do it justice (remember, you can double-click on the picture to enlarge)...



As it turned out the next “difficult” section wasn’t as bad...and it was uphill...I made it no problem.  This picture was taken as the top of a fairly steep climb...
We stopped at the top of a cliff with a great view and had our lunch (well, we both weren’t that hungry, so only ate half of our sandwich).
We stopped many times along the trail and took pictures....


It was 1:30 when we arrived back home...we had had a fabulous 4 hours ride...blue sky, sunshine, beautiful scenery and a great trail...and this is only one of many trail systems in the area.  But we will have to explore them another time...we are continuing our trek south tomorrow.
For a look at all pictures taken on our ride, check out this link... Sovereign ATV Loop, Moab, Utah
The beautiful LaSal Mountains with a fresh layer of snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment