Friday, January 21, 2011 (Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park, FL)

We really didn’t do much today...as forecast, it wasn’t particularly nice out. We didn’t have the heavy rain storm that we experienced last night but it was mostly cloudy with showers on and off throughout the morning.

During one small sunny break late in morning, we got out for a power walk around the campground. That felt good...and I’m glad we are keeping up with the exercising...I’ve got to shed those extra pounds that I have put on!

I mentioned yesterday that there are drainage basins all over the place...well, here is a picture of one.  They vary in size from quite large to just fairly small ones but just in this park alone, there a quite a number of them...


The rest of the day I spent working on our budget spreadsheet. I’ve been neglecting that and we are trying to keep close tabs on our spending as we venture into our new lifestyle. I am also "officially" retired now and won`t be getting my first pension cheque until the end of February. A cheque once a month instead of every two weeks is also going to take some getting used to!

Steve had been waiting for 2 packages being shipped to the UPS store in Crystal River and after checking on them via the tracking service, we learned that they had been delivered. One is the warranty replacement brake module and the other is a 10 tire pressure and temperature monitoring system. So at about 3:00 we headed out to pick them up. The UPS store is in the same plaza as Publix, so I took the opportunity to pick up a few things that I had forgotten the other day.

After dinner, we took our nightly walk around the campground and re-took pictures of the light displays...you can see the lights but not the RVs....

[Suzanne, I know you love lighthouses...well, the light just to the right of the palm tree in this picture is actually a lighthouse...it blinks on and off...]
And, of course, palm trees....

And that was pretty much our day....

No comments:

Post a Comment