Wednesday, February 26, 2020 (La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ)

Steve hummed and hawed about going to the RC airfield this morning...is it too windy? He finally decided he'd go and check it out even though it was a little breezy at our site.

Here's Steve...
When I arrived there was no wind so I got my plane out and set up. Only 4 planes are allowed up at a time, so while waiting for my turn the wind picked up so I waited to see if it would subside. Nope...in fact a gust of wind blew my plane off the table where it ended upside down on the ground...luckily with no damage. So I packed everything up and left.

Back to me...
While he was gone, I did some budget and banking work and baked muffins. It was around 11:00 when he got home...just enough time to get ready to head out with Dave and Leslie to Palm Canyon.
Kofa Mountains...
Nearing the parking lot...
(Click on photos to enlarge)

It has been a number of years since we have been here and the trail to the lookout is much more rugged than we remember. It is my first hike since having the knee replacement. I can do this!

The hike in is also much farther than we remembered... 
Timing is everything to see the palms...too early or too late they are shaded and hard to see, so you want to be here around noon for the best viewing. The palm trees are way up there..

When you zoom in they are much taller than we thought...
Dave (lower right) decided he wanted to hike up to the palms...
After getting part way up he decided that was probably the wrong way up so returned...
Looking towards the other end of the canyon...
Looking back towards the canyon entrance...
Time to head back...

Above and below Dave and Leslie's photos...thanks guys!




Boon-dockers along the road into Palm Canyon...
What a great hike...and my knee felt great! It feels much stronger. I just have to ensure I ice it when we get home!

Believe it or not we still had some specialty beers left over for a final tasting...thanks to Jim and Barb. You're still here in spirits...LOL! (Steve)

Jim, Earl, Dave and Steve
Dave passing out a sample...Leslie, Cec, Marilyn, (Colan was out for a bike ride and joined us later) and Jim...

Next!

Colan made it back before we finished the last few bottles. And that's a wrap for another year!


2 comments:

  1. That was a fun hike and your new knee worked like a champ! There was some rough going but you worked it out. Great day! Fun beer tasting happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed finally getting out for a hike! And was so happy it went well.

      Delete