This house, built in 1912 by William Duval out of materials from his grandfather’s home, Peter-Nicholas Duval, had deteriorated considerably in recent years. This new building, restored using the original plans and techniques, keeps the story of the whole William Duval family alive. This passionate man was the keeper of the island’s bird sanctuary, and one of the first to band Northern Gannets. He was also in charge of the post office and ran a ferry to bring artists and photographers to the island.
Ahhhhhhh.....what an absolutely fabulous day!