Thursday, October 24, 2013 (Olde Stone Village RV Park, McMinnville, OR)

We woke to another socked in, foggy morning...we just can't seem to get away from the fog!  At least it seems to burn off by early afternoon...just the time of year, I guess.

The main thing on the agenda for today is grocery shopping.  We emptied (and turned off) the fridge before heading over to the island and when we got back, I just walked into Fort Langley to pick up what we needed each day.  I wanted to wait for a major shop to replenish our fridge and cupboards until we got down into the USA.  Today was the day!

It was almost noon by the time I was ready to head out.  We followed Serena's (our GPS) directions into McMinnnville where we found both Walmart and Safeway.  By the time I had finished in Safeway, the sun had finally burned through the fog and it was a sunny clear 18C/66F day...but it was also after 2:00.

We wanted to get out in the sunshine for a walk so after getting home and putting all of the groceries away, we had a quick bite to eat and then headed out for a walk around the park...

 The pool is closed for the season...

In addition to an RV park, Olde Stone Village also has a community of manufactured homes. This is a rather unique looking home...

 There is a walkway from the park going next door to the Evergreen Aviation Museum...that's a Boeing 747...
Looking back into the park...
Our rig is on the right...

This is a very interesting Class A motorhome...it has a sundeck off the side...

By the time we had finished our walk, I was hobbling...my right knee was sore and the pain was now going up into my hip.  I think the problem is my walking shoes...I need new ones!  I feel like my whole right hand side of my body is off kilter.  I do have bad knees and had a $300 shot of "lubricant" into my right knee while back home...so far it hasn't worked.  I know from past experience that the support of proper running shoes really make the difference...more shopping is on the agenda!

We were relaxing outside when our neighbours from across the street came by inviting us over for happy hour.  Steve had met Dave this morning when he came over inquiring about our truck.  Dave is a commercial pilot, so he and Steve had lots to talk about (Steve used to have his private pilots license...years ago).  Alison is also a pilot and they both have their own planes! Dave and Alison (on the right in the picture) are from Vernon, BC and are here with their friends from Boston, Jeff and Lynn.  We had a great visit with them...gotta love this lifestyle, we meet so many wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment