Friday, December 5, 2014 (Country Roads RV Village, Yuma, AZ)

We're having a company...Robert's RV Wash and Wax...come in to wash and hand-wax our fifth-wheel today. They said they'd be here between 10:00 a.m. and noon...so Steve moved things away from around the trailer in preparation and then waited. I worked on the blog and did a little baking.

We also get quite an airshow with aircraft flying over from the nearby Yuma Marine Corps Air Station. Steve tried his best to get pictures as they went by. The pictures are cropped telephoto shots so aren't the clearest...

Lockheed Martin F-35 Stealth Fighter...
AV-8B Harrier Fighter,,,
 AV-8B Harrier Fighters,,,




They finally arrived at about 12:20 and got right to work. About a half hour later, the trailer was washed and they were off to wash another rig. The trailer needed to dry...they would be back.

It was after 2:30 by the time the trailer was all washed and waxed (at a cost of $145)...a little too late in the afternoon to go out to the Yuma Flea Market...we'll do that tomorrow. So Alan and Cec joined us on a bike ride around the RV park.

 Nice old car and truck...




Shortly after 4:00, Cec and Alan came over and we sat outside enjoying pre-dinner drinks...
...and then headed inside for dinner...

After dinner we all jumped on our bikes and went for a ride around the park to see the Christmas lights...





It was good to get out for a little fresh air and exercise before we settled around the table again and played Rummikub...and enjoy some of Cec's "special" hot chocolate. Yum!

I seemed to have a lucky streak, winning a number of games but I did "let" Alan and Cec each win one too! LOL!




2 comments:

  1. That was quite the airshow! Were you happy with the wash and wax? We are down there next month and will need the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were recommended by a park resident and did an okay job for the price. I felt that they were a little too quick and a bit stingy on the wax. I had to point out a few spots that they missed washing. I have to admit I'm a little anal when it comes to my stuff, so I know if I want it done to my standards I gotta do it myself. 😳

    ReplyDelete