Sunday, February 16, 2014 (La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ)

Well today seemed to start off better than yesterday...the TV had a satellite connection when we turned it on...the AC clicked on when Steve started the generator...life is good.

We did our resistance exercises (after not doing them while on "vacation") and then I went for a powerwalk while Steve had his shower. After I got back, we Skyped my brother and sister-in-law (Dennis and Suzanne) to confirm dates that we will be in Indio next month. Steve ordered new Strongback Chairs...thanks, Dave Kersey, for reminding us of them and your great recommendation. So basically, all was going well this morning...just puttering around and getting a bunch of "stuff" done.

Now that our blog was up-to-date, the next thing that I need to do is log all of our "found" geocaches into our account on geocaching.com...that's when things went sideways for me. There always seems to be something that just can't seem to go right! I turned on my GPS...went to 'geocaches', and I get a "No Geocaches Found" message...what?!! The odd thing is that I had had the GPS on earlier this morning and they were all there....so what happened? I turned it off and back on a couple of times to no avail...I also "plugged" it into my laptop and found there were a couple of software updates available, so I updated it. After finishing the update, I turned it back on...hit "Geocaches"...still nothing. I spent the afternoon researching to see why this had happened. Good news, though, I re-downloaded the geocaches for both the Ocotillo Wells and Quartzsite areas and all of our found geocaches were there (I was afraid that I had lost all record of them)...whew!

While I was taking care of my GPS problem, Steve was outside re-stringing my chair...thanks, honey!

We also made our Sunday calls to family back home...Steve spoke to his Dad...and we had wonderful Skype calls with Rob, Angie and Conner; and Chris and Angela...so good seeing them and catching up!

At 5:00 we walked across "the street" to Earl and Allison's and joined them along with Eric and Janet for drinks and dinner. We had a delicious dinner of Pozole (we have really experienced some delicious Mexican meals courtesy of Earl and Allison) and freshly baked scones followed by key-lime pie that Janet made...a wonderful meal!

A beautiful sunset tonight...


After dinner, we sat chatting enjoying the warm evening...Allison, me and Janet...

Abbey getting a little dessert too...

Steve and Earl...

We called it a night just before 8:00 and headed home...good company....good food...a great evening!




1 comment: