Tuesday, September 10, 2013 (Prince George, BC)

It was another beautiful day...perfect for a quad ride!  Steve off loaded the ATV's while I cleaned up inside the trailer.  It was about 10:00 when we headed off...yes, we were able to ride right from Bob and Sue's place!

That's me (I'm riding in front of Steve)....
 Sue...

 This was a bit of a challenging spot...Coco and Bandit got out as Sue went through it...

Unfortunately, by the time I got around to writing this blog, I couldn't remember the names of the lakes (and I didn't have it in my notes!).  A beautiful spot...


All of these core samples were neatly stacked on the side of the road...


We stopped at this gorgeous little spot on a lake for lunch.  Bob and Sue brought hot dogs to roast over a fire.

Bob and Steve cutting some wood for the fire...

Coco had rolled in something and didn't smell very nice...so Sue gave her a bit of a wash in the lake...







Bandit quietly watching...he doesn't want a bath!



The fire is almost ready to roast hot dogs!


After roasting and eating our hot dogs, we ensured the campfire was out and then it was time to continue our ride.  I believe this used to be a forestry research area...



We arrived back at Bob and Sue's at about 3:00...after another great ride.  Thanks so much for showing us some of the trails in your area!

Time to spray the quads down before loading them back in the truck...Bob lent us his power washer...bonus!  Steve did his quad first and while he was doing that, I took some pictures (that I neglected to do yesterday)...

A perfect spot for us backed in beside the shop...


Steve's quad is clean...mine (in the background) is next...


After the quads were all washed and loaded back in the truck, we sat out on the deck for a beer before going in for showers (thanks guys, for letting us use your bathroom..."full on" showers without doing the usual get wet, turn water off, soap up, then rinse off routine)

Now we were all ready to go out for dinner...Chinese Food...yum!

Bob's eyes are looking a little red and swollen but I'm sure by the next time we see them (Quartzsite, Arizona), they will be back to normal...




No comments:

Post a Comment