Sunday, January 6, 2013 (McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Fountain Hills, AZ)


Well that "sinus-thing" that I mentioned yesterday turned into a full blown head cold today…damn that woman on the airplane!!  My nose is so red and sore...and I've gone through a box of tissues already!  Had I known this was going to happen, I would have bought another box while shopping Friday!

Needless to say, we had a pretty quiet day.  Steve was thinking of washing the truck today but the forecast was for 20% chance of showers...now, I know that doesn't sound like much of a POP but had Steve washed the truck, it would definitely have rained.  So, thank you for not washing the truck, Steve...we had no rain.

In the afternoon, we decided to get out for a bit of fresh air and go for a walk on one of the many trails here in the park.  I thought I would take my GPS and do a little geocaching.  The caches were all along the trail and easy to find…we found nine on our walk.  It was an excellent way for me to learn my way around the GPS.  

Here is a Cactus Wren nest in a Staghorn Cactus...

My first find...

Steve walked up to the top of a small knoll to take this picture of the area...

All geocaches were in small containers but were fairly easy to find because most were hidden under a stack of rocks...


Ahh...we're on the trail back to the campground.  It wasn't a strenuous walk but I was absolutely pooped when we got back to the trailer.  I had also used up the pocket-full of tissues that I had taken, so we had to go back!

And that was pretty much our day.  We are heading to Buckeye tomorrow to connect with a couple that we met back in 2010 in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.  Hopefully this cold takes a hike soon...I don't think Leonie and Armand are going to want to be near me if I'm constantly sniffling and blowing my nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment