Friday, July 20, 2012 (Herald Provincial Park, Shuswap Lake, BC)

Oh, I hate not having any internet!  Today I decided that I must start working on our journal.  I may not be able to get it uploaded to the blog but I can at least get it written...after all I have 10 days to catch up on!  Before I start that, though, I decided to download all of our pictures so Steve can go through them and delete, delete...but after doing so, we were left with 220 on my camera and 117 on his!   I think our blog is going to be picture intensive!! (By the time you read this, you will be agreeing with me!!)

Before settling in to write, I walked up to the gatehouse and paid for another 3 nights...then we went for a walk around the campground and back to Margaret Falls.



Margaret Falls is named after the first white woman to see these impressive falls.  The water originates at the top of Bastion Mountain that lies directly to the west, and follows a fault in the limestone.  The spray of the falls keeps the vegetation moist and allows the mosses that addorn many of the cedars to survive...


With a cloudier, cooler day, I set the laptop up on the picnic table and got started.  Steve went across the street to visit some neighbours that were having difficulty getting a satellite signal.  By the time he got back, the sun had decided to come out and it was quickly turning into another hot afternoon
.
Steve sat outside reading in the shade and I moved the laptop to the table inside the trailer and continued to write.  At about 3:30 or so, clouds started to roll in and we could hear the distant rumble of thunder...hmmm....I guess the forecasters hadn’t been wrong.

No longer able to tolerate the mosquitoes, Steve retreated inside and before long, the wind and rain started...along with thunder and lightning.  It really didn’t last all that long, though...there was a good downpour, it let up, and then another downpour.  Just enough to make us close the windows; open them, and close them...and open them...but eventually with the wind down, and with just a light sprinkle, the windows were left open.  It was really humid.


No comments:

Post a Comment