Tuesday, September 20, 2011 (Travel to Creston, BC)

We had the first frost of the season last night...it was around freezing according to the outside thermometer this morning...brrrr.  And when Steve went up on the trailer roof to sweep off the slider awnings, one had a small pool of water that had froze.  I had a shower in our trailer and not wanting to have wet hair, I decided to take my hair dryer down to the washrooms where there was an electrical outlet...well, let me tell you, I certainly had a fast walk...it was freakin’ cold out there!!

We really didn’t have to hurry at all because we had a fairly short drive...and given that we also crossed the time zone into Pacific Time, we gained an hour.  So we ended up arriving at Pair-a-Dice RV Park shortly before 10:00 a.m.  We were surprised at how busy the small park was...but we managed to get site #22, which I think is the same site we had last month when we were here.  It’s a nice quiet little RV park that is convenient to the grocery store, liquor store and has laundry.  So we plan on spending the next few days getting all ready for Steve’s hunting trip...and my trip to Victoria.
We had a pretty low-key afternoon after getting all set up.  Steve called Don, the fellow from Trail that is helping with the elk hunt.  He ended up getting even more excited about the hunt when Don told him that he had scouted the area and has seen lots of elk.
We had delicious barbequed burgers for dinner and then settled down in front of the TV for the evening.  There were some season premieres now that the fall season is upon us.  I ended up having to get up off the couch and sit with the laptop at the table...while watching TV.  Otherwise, I just fall asleep...I need more brain stimulation...obviously....

No comments:

Post a Comment