Friday, August 26, 2011 (Crooked Creek Campground, Waterton Park, Alberta)

I was up bright and early this morning...it was just before 6am when I heard the cows in the neighbouring field mooing.  Now that’s the first time I have been woken by cows!

We decided to have a “down” day and just hang around here today. After exercises and breakfast I thought I should get caught up on our laundry.  The campground only has one washer and dryer but I managed to eventually get my 3 loads done...and get my exercise walking back and forth!  The laundry is in that brown building way on the other side of the green bushes (in the picture below)...

Steve returned some birthday wish emails and then did some reading.  I updated our travel blog in between trips to the laundry.  Once the laundry was done, we thought we would have a bite to eat for lunch and then head down the highway to either Mountainview or Cardston to pick up some bread and milk.  However, just as we were about to leave, it started to rain out.  There was still quite a bit of sunshine but a big dark cloud had parked itself over us and decided to let loose with some big raindrops and eventually pea sized hail...sheesh!  There were some ominous clouds forming so we figured we could do without the groceries for today.  
The sun returned just in time for happy hour so we enjoyed a couple of drinks outside watching the cloud formations...there is soooo much sky here!  There was some rumbling of thunder but no lightning as a big dark cloud passed by.  Here are some of the pictures Steve took of the clouds...


Just before 6pm, we headed inside to watch the news and get dinner going.  After dinner and dishes, Steve left me to watch a show on TV that he had already seen and took the laptop into the bedroom to give Jim a Skype call.  It is time to start planning their elk hunting trip. 
We had had a very nice relaxing day...tomorrow we are looking forward to exploring the area...


No comments:

Post a Comment