Saturday, January 15, 2011 (Hillsborough River State Park, Tampa, FL)

Well, we decided we were going to explore the park today...and get some exercise in the process. After our usual slow start to the day, we headed out on the trail from parking lot #2 at about 11:35 a.m. This trail was called the Rapids Trail and had some of the most picturesque views of the river. We walked that trail and until we came to the suspension bridge.
A whole bunch of cedar knuckles...
This is the suspension bridge...
The bridge went across the river to the Baynard Trail. We walked that trail and then continued along the adjoining trail called the Blazed Orange Trail. We decided to only walk the part of the trail that followed the river and then turn around and return rather than do the whole loop.

Here are some kayakers out enjoying an afternoon paddle...

While we were walking along, this cool bird...I’m pretty sure he is a Red-Shouldered Hawk. He wasn’t the least bit afraid of us and just sat there posing for pictures.

As we were walking back along the trail, I was my usual clumsy self...I tripped and fell. Actually, I think my shoes were to blame (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it)...my Shape-Up’s are great walking shoes but not so good on hiking trails. But other than a bit of a scrape just below my elbow and a bit of a sore ankle, I survived.

We had a great afternoon...it felt good to get out for a good hike. The day-use area of the park was very busy this lovely Saturday afternoon...lots of families out picnicking, canoeing and hiking.


When we got back to the trailer, Steve walked down to Nancy and Bill’s campsite to invite them over for happy hour. We have a lovely visit with them...our new “RV-Dreams” friends.


Tomorrow we thought we would go do a little sightseeing in Tampa. We leave on Monday and would like to see a bit more of Tampa other than just the Fairgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment