Tuesday, October 19, 2010 (Myrtle Beach, SC)

I had my usual start to the day...up early, drinking coffee and updating our travel journal. At about 9:00 a.m. I decided it was time to get started on my cleaning chores. While Steve was outside finishing up the truck (cleaning windows and waxing the wheels), I was inside vacuuming the place from top to bottom, washing the windows, cleaning the bathroom and finally the fridge. Whew...done! It’s nice to have everything all spic-n-span!

Just after 1:00 p.m. we headed out to Costco. Since entering the States we really haven’t come across too many of them so we thought we would go and stock up on some meat for the freezer and a few other large quantity items that we could use up before their expiry date (i.e. cereal, granola bars, milk). As we approached the lot, we were happy to see that they had a gas bar at this Costco location. One of the main reasons for getting a Costco Card was to take advantage of a reduced rate on diesel. Unfortunately, we found out that the gas bar was just that....gas...no diesel...sheesh! So much for that idea!

After finishing up at Costco, we stopped at a "regular" grocery store so that I could pick up some smaller quantity items. Not really knowing what the best place for grocery shopping is, we went to Lowes Food Market. It’s a nice store...reminds me of Thrifty’s back home. I just love buying wine/beer at the grocery stores down here. I have been buying boxes of wine mainly because it’s easier to transport in the trailer. My deal today was a 5 litre (yes, it is in litres...which surprised me because they are not metric down here) box of white wine for $12.99! And it doesn’t taste too bad...it’s just a house blend but I like it.

Back home, I unpacked everything and split all the trays of meat into individual meal servings for the 2 of us. Once done, we noticed that Tom and Barb our neighbours across the street were sitting outside with a drink, so we decided to go over and join them. They are from Michigan and are heading back home tomorrow. Barb has a little Yorkie dog, Maddie...he’s so cute!!

After dinner, we were watching TV when our laptop started to squawk...my brother Dwight, was making his first Skype call. He’s rather incapacitated right now with his leg in a full cast after having a pin put in it due to a bad break (darned soccer game!!). He had seen Mom today...she did not even wake up at all while he was there. So it is just a matter of time....before Steve and I will be flying home. We have looked into RV storage here but our plan is to leave on Friday...we’re not too sure what we are going to do. We had thought we’d like to try out some of the State Parks for camping but we’re not sure how good the cell coverage is in them. We’ll have to check that out before we decide. We have to have cell coverage wherever we go right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment