Thursday, October 14, 2010 (Fort Mills, South Carolina)

I was up early sitting with my coffee (trying to ignore my pounding sinus headache) and trying to get caught up on our travel journal...I hate being so far behind! I really want to have it up-to-date before we leave tomorrow but I’m not sure it I’m going to make it or not. At least we should continue to be in areas with internet connection, so I’ll be able to continue work on it.

Steve was to call Advantage at 10:00 a.m. to see if the truck was ready but after a couple of attempts met with a busy signal, we decided to just head over there. When we had picked up the rental car yesterday, we had neglected to add my name as a driver as well. That meant that I would have to follow Steve in the truck so that we could return the car...well, alrighty then!

The truck was ready when we got there and Steve was very pleased with the paint job on the bumper...they had also painted the black part of the boatloader mount as well as part of the white upright posts. It all blends in together and looks great!

It was  cloudy and a little rainy this morning and of course, it started to rain harder as I climbed into the truck to drive it to the car rental place. But it didn’t last and I had absolutely no problem as I followed Steve...I did wonder about the route Serena was taking us, but we made it to our destination. Steve really hated turning in the car as he hasn’t driven one since June 25th.

After dropping the car off, we headed home. Steve spent the afternoon doing the required RV battery equalization maintenance for the first time (required every 2-4 months) and...well...I was on my laptop doing some banking, answering some emails and trying to get the blog up-to-date.

We had decided to drive straight to Myrtle Beach tomorrow so I also spent (what seemed like) hours researching RV parks. We had settled on one...Lakewood RV Park...but quickly changed our minds when, written in the fine print, it stated that there was to be absolutely no alcohol on the premises. Hmmmm...don’t think that will work for us because we rather enjoy a drink or two at happy hour! So we chose Ocean Lakes Campground, a huge park right on the beach, and I made reservations to spend a week there. There is also a nice looking State Park (Myrtle Beach State Park) but after checking out their sites, we found that they were definitely long enough (some 60 to 70 feet) but were only 15 to 20 feet wide. That just wouldn’t leave us much room once we got our sliders out.

After dinner, we watched a little TV and then headed to bed. I’m looking forward to Myrtle Beach tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment